1. Why choose Dream to Dance?
We offer to you new ideas, fresh faces and more than just a place to compete. Our goal is for you to have fun, build new friendships and make many new memories. All of our judges are experienced and our staff will ensure that your experience at Dream to Dance will be one to remember!
2. Do all competitors receive an award?
Yes, every dancer will receive an individual award and all 1st, 2nd and 3rd place recipients for overalls will receive an individual trophy. We are offering special awards as well, please Click on our Awards tab to see more!
3. How do you announce placements in all categories?
Dancers will be called out in order of placement in each category. High scores will only be announced for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
4. We are a new studio and some of our dancers only train 2-3 hours a week. Will they be in their own category or with dancers that train more hours per week?
Dream to Dance competitors will not only dance according to age but also on the number of hours they train per week. Categories are as follows:
|Novice||first time competing|
|Pre Competitive||less than 5 hours/week|
|Competitive||more than 5 hours/week|
|Pro||dancers earning 50% or more of their annual Income from performing or teaching|
|Adult||20 years old plus|
5. Are points deducted if a dance is over the specified time?
No, but we do prefer routines to stay within the time limit. Please let us know if any of your routines will exceed the allowed time limit.
6. If a dancer has competed in one category such as ballet, but will be competing for the first time in jazz, can they be considered Novice?
A Novice dancer is someone who is competing for the first time regardless of category. Click on our Guidelines tab for more information.
7. How far in advance will we receive the schedule?
All schedules will be emailed to your studio director/s 4 weeks in advance of the competition.
8. When will we be able to gain access to the venue?
The venue will be open approximately one hour prior to the first scheduled performance of each day. We do suggest dancers arrive with their hair and make-up already done.
9. How do I find out more about the dates and locations of the scheduled competitions?
Click on the Dates and Locations menu tab and select the competition you are attending. Directions, hotels etc. will be listed there under each event.